Bachelor's degree in a related specialized area or field or the equivalent is required plus a minimum of 5 years of relevant experience; or Master's degree plus a minimum of 3 years of relevant experience.
• Sufficient technical understanding of software and web applications security and vulnerabilities to review vulnerability reports and communicate effectively
• Demonstrated ability to recognize, interpret, and communicate in information assurance vulnerability management (IAVM), Risk Management Framework (RMF), and security technical implementation guides (STIGs)
• Knowledge of current DoD cyber security challenges and threats
• Knowledge of current DoD cyber security organizations and processes
• Strong verbal and written communication skills; ability to produce as well as provide expert review of accurate and timely technical reports for release to external customers
• Flexibility to adapt to dynamic work environment to meet organizational requirements
• Superior organizational skills to analyze, develop, and deliver detailed reports to meet short suspense windows
Department of Defense Secret security clearance is required at time of hire. Applicants selected will be subject to a U.S. Government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. Due to the nature of work performed within our facilities, U.S. citizenship is required.
• Certifications (any): CISSP, CEH, GCIH, Network+, Security+, A+, CCNA
• Strong attention to detail and ability to prepare documents for customer review
PREFERRED DEGREE TYPES AND EXPERIENCE:
5 years of professional experience with a Bachelors degree from an accredited college in a related discipline, or equivalent experience/combined education; or 3 years of professional experience with a related Masters degree; or no experience required with a related PhD or JD
General Dynamics Mission Systems has an immediate opening for a Cybersecurity Vulnerability Report Analyst. This position provides an opportunity to further advance the cutting-edge technology that supports some of our nation’s core defense/intelligence services and systems. General Dynamics Mission Systems employees work closely with esteemed customers to develop solutions that allow them to carry out high-stakes national security missions.
The Report Management Team member will directly support the mission to improve defense of the DoD Information Network (DoDIN), by receiving, validating, and disseminating cybersecurity vulnerabilities reported by private-sector researchers. The VDP team tracks and analyzes reported vulnerabilities and mitigation actions by systems owners to identify gaps in DoDIn defenses; areas requiring increased attention, and areas for improvement.
The Report Management Team member is responsible for reviewing and triaging incoming vulnerability reports and routing reports to through the appropriate validation process. Supports network system vulnerability assessments, audits, and related studies conducted in the agency environment; communicating and interacting effectively with external vulnerability researchers, system and network administrators, system owners, JFHQ-DoDIN, peers and leadership.
General Dynamics Mission Systems (GDMS) engineers a diverse portfolio of high technology solutions, products and services that enable customers to successfully execute missions across all domains of operation. With a global team of 13,000+ top professionals, we partner with the best in industry to expand the bounds of innovation in the defense and scientific arenas. Given the nature of our work and who we are, we value trust, honesty, alignment and transparency. We offer highly competitive benefits and pride ourselves in being a great place to work with a shared sense of purpose. You will also enjoy a flexible work environment where contributions are recognized and rewarded. If who we are and what we do resonates with you, we invite you to join our high performance team!
General Dynamics is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer that is committed to hiring a diverse and talented workforce. EOE/Disability/Veteran